Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Progress

I started compiling this blog a few weeks ago with several motives in mind. One was to provide periodic reports on the progress of the motor neurone disease (ALS) that has afflicted Janet Wendy. I soon decided that it would be best to make these periodic reports rather brief and rather infrequent. So far the blog seems to have been mainly a sort of stream of consciousness activity, reactions to events or current activities. mixed with several failed attempts to paste into it a readable copy of Selected Works of Janet Wendy Last. I haven't given up on this, just tried several ways to do it, all unsuccessful. So I've postponed that plan for a while. I haven't abandoned it though.

Today I will say a little about how Janet Wendy is doing. She is coping magnificently with the increasing impairment of her daily activities. She can feed, wash and dress herself and do a little light housework -- more than she should, and I feel as if I'm nagging at her too often for trying to do things that are beyond her diminishing capacity. But she is adjusting, probably better than I am, to this new reality in our lives, and is allowing me to do more and more for her. I've commented earlier on the support services that have rallied around us and contribute so much to making our lives as pleasant as possible. David came from Kingston this weekend, carrying our delicious evening meal, and enough left over for several more meals next week. It's always pleasurable to chat to David, he and I always seem to be able to find so many things in which we share a common interest. This time, his crock pot of chicken was very welcome too, and delicious withal. Planning future meals, something I'd never thought about for longer than a nanosecond at a time, has become minor preoccupation nowadays.

I thought I had pasted a couple of photos into this post, two favourites that show Janet Wendy's lovely smile, show it has lost none of its charm over the past fifty and more years.But there they are all alone in a blog posting without much accompanying text. Maybe I'll assemble more blog posts of old photos, some of the family far away in Oz and NZ may like to see them. I know I never get tired of looking at them, which may make me a narcissist as well as all the other vices I possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment