Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday, February 22, 2010


Day 1: Feb 22 2010


This was my very first post, which got lost when I first posted it. Now, mysteriously, it's come back, out of sequence. It was my first attempt to record some of the events in the lives of Janet Wendy Last and myself. We began our married lives in Adelaide, South Australia early in 1957, having met about 18 months earlier in circumstances I have described publicly twice, first in a CBC Radio broadcast on our 40th wedding anniversary in 1997, then in a little speech at our 50th wedding anniversary banquet. Later I inserted one of those anecdotes in this blog. We have moved about quite a lot in our married lives, though not as much as many immigrant Canadians. I will insert from time to time a few pictures of us at various stages in our lives. Here on the left is a photo of us at Cochem Castle on the Moselle River in Germany, on our  European holiday in 2007. That turned out to be our last European holiday, indeed our last holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment