Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

John's first political campaign


I'm sure it won't be his last, he really seems to have the fire of politics in his blood. In the contest for the position of mayor of the city of Kingston, he ran fourth, with 377 votes, far behind the three high-profile well-known candidates but well ahead of the other two 'fringe' candidates. I am pleased and proud of this youngest of our grandchildren. He got valuable political experience, conducted a smart and almost cost-free campaign, and perhaps more important, was noticed by more experienced politicians, which could be a useful attribute in a few years if he stays with his career aim and becomes a political journalist. I hope I will stay alive and sentient long enough to see what becomes of this young man.

1 comment:

  1. As for me, I fear his eventual takeover of the world.....;-)
    Both of the boys are so splendid, I can barely hold myself from busting with pride.
    Of course, could be proud of Chris, too, but for obvious reasons feel I can hold that in abeyance.

    ReplyDelete