Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Recent and current writing

My story for children, "Gloriana and the twins hunt for pirate treasure" has been published by Friesen Press, based in Victoria, BC. So far I've seen only electronic versions. They look good, apart from rather"overdrawn" illustrations of the villains. I don't know how long it will be before I get books I can hold in my hands, but as soon as I know, I'll set up a launch party.

Having got the children's story out of my system, I can turn my attention to the memoirs. These are a massive, daunting pile of bad prose, somewhere between 300K and 350K words in about 15-20 files. If I seem vague about this, it's because I am.  Anyway, it's too vast to try to publish as it is now, so my plan is to carve it into digestible fragments (or slabs) and publish each of these separately. Several are more or less ready to go now, others need more work, a little or a lot. The story of how Wendy and I met, for instance, is ready to go now. Accounts of other essential defining moments or episodes of my life, are recorded in varying degrees of detail. Getting these sorted will keep me amused for a few months, perhaps longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment