Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Autumn 2014

The earth revolves on its axis and its axis tilts, relentlessly marking the passage of time; and the seasons change in sequence with these revolutions and tilts. It's the passage of time that I notice most. This year I decided to mark its passage with daily photos from my balcony.  Here's a set of daily photos, beginning Oct 10 and continuing through what would have been Wendy's 89th birthday, Oct 14



October 10 2014 looking west













October 11 looking west



October 12 looking west















October 12, zooming on the maple
near First Avenue school


Carpet of golden leaves below maple beside Rideau Canal (looking east from my balcony)
October 13













October 14



October 14


October 15














October 16



October 17










At this point I'm going to quit (always try to quit when you're ahead; it's a good motto). From now on the colours will blow away rather quickly. A few years ago when I carried out a similar exercise I recall wondering whether I'd be here to do it again the following year. Well, I was. Weighing up the pros and cons, I hope I'll still be here next year, and the year after when I'll be 90. Beyond then, I'll reserve judgement.      




No comments:

Post a Comment