Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2013

September song

If I must have an ear worm I couldn't ask for a better one than Kurt Weil's September Song. With  a lovely melody and amorous sentiments including regret, its theme is the relentless inevitability of passing time. This tune ran through my mind for several hours yesterday as I reflected on the significance of yet another birthday. The sun came out intermittently after the previous day's drenching rain, and the first autumn colours have appeared. I can see scarlet leaves and gold ones in the trees below my windows

Before lunch, David drove me to an up-market store that specializes in top quality recliners. I squandered more of my children's inheritance on a splendid Norwegian-made recliner where I can sit or  lie and read or watch TV. It will be an incentive to move from the comfortable chair in front of my desktop iMac to the greater comfort of the recliner where I'll be able to stretch out, put my swollen feet up and read, listen to music, or even if all else fails, watch TV or a DVD.

The family came here for lunch and for once I remembered to get out my camera. David also took a few photos with his iPhone, which seems able to do everything except boil eggs and darn socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment