Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Autumnal miracle

Looking west from my balcony, 20 October, 2012

Elderly horticulturalists all agree that this year's autumn colour displays are the best in living memory, and driving around Ottawa I have to agree with this judgement.  Every time I'm out and about I berate myself for not bringing my camera to try to capture some of the colours, incandescent, translucent, fire red and liquid gold that, barring autumnal gales, look set to continue for weeks more yet. These two images snapped from my balcony at breakfast time today don't come close to resembling the reality, and my balcony views are a pallid reflection of many realities on nearby tree-lined streets.  It's advance compensation, so to say, for the black and white world that will replace this annual autumn miracle when winter arrives a few weeks from now.  I'm making the most of it, and basking in the warm sunshine of Indian Summer which this year seems longer, more languid, more sensuously pleasurable, than ever before. Long may it last!

PS: Here are more photos I took a few days later:























Looking north-east from my balcony,
October 20, 2012
















1 comment:

  1. Lovely autumn pictures. I took a few photographs from an airplane to Northern Ontario during my vacation and enjoyed the colourful view as a passenger on the drive back to Ottawa.

    I have been carrying my new digital camera around with me since returning to the working world and have managed to catch a few urban culture scenes (colourful but not exactly nature's beauty).

    Thanks for sharing,

    T

    ReplyDelete